Uganda - 51 languages, Few Bibles
- Uganda is a landlocked East African country of 44 million people.
- The official language is English.
- Uganda is one of the fastest growing populations in the world.
- Many Ugandans identify as Christian by tradition (Catholic and Anglican), but they are often not active church members and know little about Christ.
- Evangelicals make up 35% of the population.
- 9% are considered “unreached.”
- Muslims believers are growing fast.
- The Bible has been translated into 16 complete local language Bibles and 6 others have New Testaments.
- Bibles translation is in progress for seventeen of the 35 remaining languages are in progress.
BIBLE OUT OF REACH FOR MOST
- The cost of the Bible is out of reach for those in rural Uganda, the youth, and refugees.
- Most hear the Word preached but do not have a pew Bible or a personal Bible.
- Thousands are trained each year in evangelism, discipleship, preaching, and theology without access to a personal Bible.
- If retention is difficult without notes, how much harder is it without God’s textbook?
RURAL UGANDANS, YOUTH, REFUGEES
- These three groups represent over 85% of Ugandans. Most in these three groups have little or no access to a personal Bible.
- Our test provided 10,000 Bibles to these three groups. The test clearly showed that not having a Bible stunts the maturity of these believers, while having a Bible changes the dynamics in a church or ministry.
MARGARET WITHOUT A BIBLE
Imagine Margaret, who for more than 20 years sat in church and never owned a personal copy of the Word of God. She couldn't witness from the Bible to her family and friends. She sat in church each Sunday listening to the pastor but had nothing to follow along with or to take home and study.
Today, she does!
Hi, I'm Mike. We at the Africa Bible Project believe that Bibles are a necessary tool in the Life of every African Christian.
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 1
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 20px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results