U. S. Team to Deliver 3,000 Bibles
A team from the U. S. to help distribute 3,000 Bibles
On February 8th, we will leave to the USA to visit ten villages in rural Uganda. We will help our Uganda partners distribute over 3,000 Bibles to those who are thirsty for God's Word but cannot afford a Bible.
January 14th, 2020
272 Bibles delivered to Christians gathered from 32 churches
Discipleship Church, Mutumba, Uganda
On Thursday January 9, 2020, 272 Christians gathered from 32 churches across the district to receive a Bible in their own language.
Many received their first Bible ever.
Many received a Bible in their own language for the first time ever.
Most of them took time then to sit and read from their very own personal Bible.
And one pastor (see photo of his Bible below) received a needed replacement for his old worn out Bible.
January 10, 2020
Bet you can't guess which countries have the largest evangelical populations...
Listed below are the ten countries with the largest evangelical* populations:
January 10, 2020
What is it like to be a child on your own in a Uganda refugee camp
Thousands of children live in refugee camps without a parent or guardian. We see this in the camps. Fortunately there are several Christian based orphanages in the camps, which provide care, spiritual guidance and faith-based trauma healing. His Voice Global operates an orphanage in Rhino Camp where I got to visit. What a vision for the Gospel and for children to share the Gospel through their ministries.
You can read an article here on the life a child in one of the camps.
We are partnering with Scripture Union in northern Uganda to provide a few thousand Bibles for children and youth in the refugee camps in Northern Uganda.
These 2,500 or so Bibles are just a drop in the bucket for what is needed. If you are led, please pray to God for discernment for support of the Bible Project.
Please pray that each of these Bibles are given to a child who is thirsty for God's Word.
January 9, 2020
Childcare Worldwide announces children and youth Bible Distribution.
One of our partners, Childcare Worldwide, an international child sponsorship ministry, announced today that they will provide a Bible to each of its sponsored children in Uganda.
Bible distribution will begin with a kickoff on Jan. 13, 2020, in Entebbe, Uganda.
You can read the news article here.
January 09th, 2020
Tree Life Church Reads Their First Bible
Sunday, January 5th
On Sunday, Tree Life Church members who could not afford a Bible received one.
The first thing they did was to sit and read their own personal Bible for the first time. God is teaching them through His Word.
Tree Life Church provided us a plan for how each person will be helped to use their Bible. We collect individual names and mobile phone numbers for follow-up.
January 09th, 2020
Uganda - 51 languages, Few Bibles
- Uganda is a landlocked East African country of 44 million people.
- The official language is English.
- Uganda is one of the fastest growing populations in the world.
- Many Ugandans identify as Christian by tradition (Catholic and Anglican), but they are often not active church members and know little about Christ.
- Evangelicals make up 35% of the population.
- 9% are considered “unreached.”
- Muslims believers are growing fast.
- The Bible has been translated into 16 complete local language Bibles and 6 others have New Testaments.
- Bibles translation is in progress for seventeen of the 35 remaining languages are in progress.
BIBLE OUT OF REACH FOR MOST
- The cost of the Bible is out of reach for those in rural Uganda, the youth, and refugees.
- Most hear the Word preached but do not have a pew Bible or a personal Bible.
- Thousands are trained each year in evangelism, discipleship, preaching, and theology without access to a personal Bible.
- If retention is difficult without notes, how much harder is it without God’s textbook?
RURAL UGANDANS, YOUTH, REFUGEES
- These three groups represent over 85% of Ugandans. Most in these three groups have little or no access to a personal Bible.
- Our test provided 10,000 Bibles to these three groups. The test clearly showed that not having a Bible stunts the maturity of these believers, while having a Bible changes the dynamics in a church or ministry.
MARGARET WITHOUT A BIBLE
Imagine Margaret, who for more than 20 years sat in church and never owned a personal copy of the Word of God. She couldn't witness from the Bible to her family and friends. She sat in church each Sunday listening to the pastor but had nothing to follow along with or to take home and study.
Today, she does!
Hi, I'm Mike. We at the Africa Bible Project believe that Bibles are a necessary tool in the Life of every African Christian.
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 1
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 20px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results